Halloween is coming up this weekend! Have you selected a costume for your little one? I remember while growing up my mother or auntie would make costumes for my brother and I by hand or sewing machine ( I still have my Diana Ross gown to this day). Hand made costumes are unique and special because they are made with love; and this little owl costume from AlphaMom.com is no different!
Here’s what you will need :
1. dark colored tee
2. fabric scraps (50-60 feathers)
3. thread and sewing machine (or permanent fabric glue)
4. card stock
6. craft knife
8. children’s sunglasses
Here what you will do:
1. Cut out the feathers from fabric scraps using the template below.
2. Begin pinning and sewing in rows from the bottom (or just line them up and glue).
3. Continue until you reach the top and then form a circle around the neckline.
4. Print out the owl mask and cut it out. With a craft knife, cut out the center eye holes.
5. Attach the mask to the sunglasses with tape. Hoot!
*Click here to download the template for mask and feathers: Download file
I would encourage you to be creative with the fabric you use. Mix and match colors, prints and textures to give your costume flair and personality!
What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid (or adult) ?
Thanks for reading!