This week we have 2 great DIY projects to share! Both are fairly simple and fun.
1. Scrabble Tile Magnets
How cute would these be on your fridge or even in your office! You could leave a quick love note or a short “Honey Do…” . I would use them to spell some of my favorite short mantras.
Here’s what you will need:
1. Scrabble tiles
2. Strong magnets
3. Strong glue
What you will do:
1. Add a small dab of glue onto reverse of tile.
2. Press magnet into glue. Allow to dry.
Almost too easy, right??
*Special thanks to Alicia Parsons of Atypical A Type DIY blog for the photos and instructions.
2. Scrabble Tile Wall Art
When I came across this project, my first thought was, ” Why didn’t I think of that?” This idea is so cool! Jen from Insideways is awesome for posting this tutorial. Here are the deets:
What you will need:
1 .9.5″x9.5″x1″ pine wood planks ( you can get them cut at your local Home Depot or Lowes)
2. Picture hanging hardware from Michaels (like these)
3. Sanding Paper
4. Black Acrylic paint
What you will do:
1. Sand wooden planks so there are no splinters and the edges are rounded
2. Select which letters you would like to paint
3. Download a High Res Photo of the Scrabble letters you have chosen; enlarge the photo to a size that is suitable for your wooden planks
4. Shade the back of the paper with pencil, then trace the letters with a pen onto the wood. The result is a faint gray outline. (It’s basically like homemade
carbon transfer paper. )
5. Paint the letters that have been transferred.
6. Attach the hanging hardware to the back of the “Scrabble tiles”
7. Hang your tiles in any order/ design you choose!
What letters would you choose? What do you think of these 2 projects; would you try these?