These days people are shopping online just as much as brick and mortar, if not more. All day people are surfing the web to find the most exclusive merchandise with the deepest discount. Having this precedent set has created the perfect environment for curated sale sites.
Until recently, most curated sale sites featured designer clothes, shoes and accessories (ie: Gilt , Rue La La). But what about the folks who are remodeling a home, or the girl furnishing her 1st apartment? Where can they shop online for exclusive merchandise with the deepest discount?
One Kings Lane!!! OKL, (I like to call it) showcases designer home furnishings at up to 70% off the retail value!
Here’s how it works:
1. You must sign up for a membership on the site (it’s free).
2. Most sales launch at 8pm (EST) and last about 3 days.
3. There are usually 3 types of sales going on the site:
- Daily Sale: High end brands and products are featured in several categories: home decor, gifts, stationary and more!
- Downstairs: This is where you are going to find merchandise discounted so deeply OKL keeps them in the “basement” .
- Tastemaker Tag Sale: the items in this sale are all unique, one of kind, and handpicked by an industry insider from their own collection. (PS- sometimes you may come across props from popular movies ) How cool is that?!
So those are the OKL basics. The site is super interactive. You can use the calendar feature to stay up on current and future sales; you are able to set a reminder so that you are sent an email alert when a sale you are interested in starts. The OKL blog: Live. Love. Home. features posts about trends in home decor, entertaining and design, highlights industry tastemakers; and cool videos are posted daily. And of course like most online shopping sites: “There is an app for that.” The OKL app allows you preview, view and shop sales right from your iPhone.
If you are a home decor, tabletop, and entertaining junkie like me, membership to OKL is essential! What are your favorite online curated sale sites?
*Bonus: For a hearty dose of home decor inspiration, follow these boards on Pinterest :
* Photos courtesy of One Kings Lane